Attractions for the7 Days Masai Mara, Lake Nakuru and Amboseli Safari from Nairobi by Road
- Physical attractions: Mount Kilimanjaro – the highest mountain in Africa, Lake Nakuru, Mara River, endless Masai Mara savannah plains punctuated by hills and escarpments, the Great Rift Valley and Lake Nakuru
- Wildlife: elephant, lion, leopard, crocodile, waterbuck, kudu, gerenuk, zebra, Hunter’s Hartebeest etc.
- Amboseli national park is arid woodland with a series of swamps and the lakes that provide a year round water supply for wildlife. Amboseli sits in the shadow of Mount Kilimanjaro and is known for it’s large elephant population and other big game.
- Lake Nakuru is famous for the flamingoes and the Rhinos (both black and white)
- Masai Mara is famous for the big cats and the wildebeest migration
7 Days Masai Mara, Lake Nakuru and Amboseli tour itinerary.
Day 1: Nairobi – Masai Mara.
Pick up from your Nairobi hotel and drive through the rich farmlands to the edge of the Rift Valley. Descend the escarpment and drive via Narok to Masai Mara Game Reserve. Picnic lunch served en route. The Masai Mara adjoins Tanzania’s Serengeti National Park. Afternoon game drive. Dinner and overnight at a Masai Mara Luxury Safari Lodge or Luxury tented camp.
Day 2: Masai Mara.
A full day or morning and afternoon spent viewing and exploring this spectacular National Park. All the big five can be seen. Masai Mara is also famous for its bird life especially at the Mara River. Meals and overnight at your Masai Mara Safari Lodge or luxury tented camp.
Day 3: Masai Mara.
Full day game viewing in the Mara with an optional nature walk or a visit to a nearby Masai Village or an early morning Balloon Safari
Day 4: Masai Mara – Lake Nakuru.
After breakfast, end your safari in Masai Mara and proceed to Lake Nakuru. On arrival check in at the Lodge and have lunch. Afternoon game drive. Lake Nakuru is famous for its pink Flamingos and many other types of birds. There are rare species of animals the white rhino and Rothschild giraffe among a wide variety of game. Dinner and overnight at Sarova Lion Hill Lodge or Lake Nakuru Lodge.
Day 5: Lake Nakuru – Nairobi – Amboseli.
Depart Lake Nakuru and journey across the top of the Rift Valley Escarpment, providing magnificent views of Lakes Naivasha, Elementaita and the Great Rift Valley, not leaving out the dormant Longonot volcano at a centripetal stage. Move via the Kenya’s highlands, lunch en-route then proceed south across the Athi Plains to the border town of Namanga. Here you’ll detour east to Amboseli National Park at the foot of grand Mount Kilimanjaro, habitat to a wealth of wildlife but particularly known for its elephants. reach your lodge with game viewing in the late afternoon. Dinner and overnight in Amboseli Sentrim Safari Camp, Kibo Safari Camp or Amboseli Serena Safari Lodge
Day 6: Amboseli National Park
Enjoy morning and afternoon game drives in Amboseli visit a visit to Amboseli’s observation hill – a hill that offers magnificent 360 degrees views of Amboseli plains and the best place to enjoy views of Mount Kilimanjaro. Over night and meals at your Amboseli Safari Lodge/Camp
Day 7: Amboseli – Nairobi
After breakfast take a game drive and you’ll hopefully catch your last clear early morning view of the majestic Mount Kilimanjaro as you leave Amboseli behind, while heading west to the brilliant border town of Namanga. Here you may find a good discount on unique Masai beadwork. Then detour north along a good tarmac road across the gorgeous and apparently never ending Athi Plains, arriving in Kenya’s buzzing capital City of Nairobi by mid day.
Price Includes and Excludes
Safari Cost: On request and may go down depending on the number of participants
Safari Price includes:
- All game drives in minibus
- A well-trained safari driver guide
- Park entry fees
- Full board accommodation
- Pick up from and to hotel
- 1 liter bottled of water per person per day
Safari Price excludes:
- Drinks, sodas, beers, wines
- Personal costs
- Tips and gratitude.